1) Clean the bathrooms in your house. Seriously think of this-What’s worse than cleaning the toilet? Cleaning the toilet when you find out you didn’t win SYTYCW! And, if you DO win, at least you won’t have to ruin the fun by then cleaning the toilets!
2) Write, Write, Write. Write until the bitter end. And if the end isn’t bitter for you, well, then you’ve got some chapters towards that book you’re going to show your new editor! And if the end is bitter, well then you’re ahead of yourself when you *may* take off a few days to wallow in self-pity.
3) Go out with a friend(s). Seriously, not a writer friend, a *Normal* friend. I did this last week and it worked. A whole evening was spent discussing normal things…
4) Watch TV. Watch a Movie…do all those things you normally don’t have time to do because you’re busy writing at night. Because there is nothing worse than sitting at your computer accomplishing nothing because you can’t get this contest off your mind! So, you might as well give yourself a break and have a fun night.
5) Eat. It doesn’t have to be *bad* food, but it should be yummy, indulgent food. Last night I made homemade Guacamole. And even though, yes, technically Avocado’s are very good for you, when you consume half the bowl, the bazillion calories probably negate the good for you points.
So, that’s my little list of things…4 days left…Good luck everyone!
Oh, maybe I should have added laundry to the list…